April is the peak of spring and Earth Day is on April 22nd this year. To celebrate, RecyleBank has a list of daily things for you to do and change in your life during the month of April. I want to partake in this because I love being green consoious, and I have been slipping for awhile.
Some of the items don’t pertain to me such as:
2. Use natural egg dyes instead of artificial ones to decorate your Easter eggs. Make your own from leftover produce and other kitchen items. – I’m not in charge of egg dying and I don’t think I’m egg dying this year.
4. Create a Pinterest board of meatless recipes. Next time you’re planning your week’s menu, pick a few meatless meals to try out. – I’m a vegetarian already.
10. Run your errands on foot or bike. Ditch the car and walk to the post office, school, or supermarket today. – I don’t have my license and I bike everywhere anyway.
11. Replace at least one of your cleaning products with a homemade cleaner. – I don’t have any cleaning products.
14. Make dinner in the pressure cooker. It’s a super energy-efficient way to cook. My favorite is cooking dry beans in the pressure cooker. It’s the fastest method to make beans, and they’re healthier for you than canned beans. – I don’t have a pressure cooker, and being a minimalist, I’m not going to buy something I know I’m not going to use often.
15. Swap out your petroleum-based lip balm for one made of a renewable resource like beeswax or shea butter. Or make your own. – I never use chapstick or anything else on my lips.
29. Change at least one incandescent light bulb to a more energy efficient LED bulb. – I have no incandescent light bulbs.
So, besides those, I’m going to try out the list and have a green April this year!
Here’s to day one: Unplugging everything that isn’t in use. I’ve been anal about this already for the last few weeks (it drives my fiance crazy), but I’ve been slipping on a few things.
What do you think about this?